Another Book Give-Away, and it’s a Twofer!
by Susan Harris
To win these two very cool books, just leave a comment to this blog story and we’ll choose a winner at random. Entries close midnight Sunday, August 21. The winner can pick up the books at either Behnkes location.
Eat Your Roses..Pansies, Lavender and 49 other Delicious Edible Flowers is written by Denise Schreiber, who’s an adventurous cook and expert horticulturist. It’s a light-hearted guide to the culinary delights of edible flowers that includes 50+ kitchen-tested recipes, plus edible-flower history and proper preparation and handling techniques. According to this review, it’s must-reading for anyone interested in edible flowers.
And The Inspired Gardener: What Makes Us Tick? contains more than 50 garden quotes taken from centuries of writings. The quotes are far-ranging – from Thomas Jefferson to Claude Monet and Chinese Proverbs. Authored by the editors of St. Lynn’s Press, the small colorful book is a great gift book.
Here’s my article on GardenRant about St. Lynn’s Press and its one-of-a-kind editor, Paul Kelly. There you’ll see why he’s uniquely qualified to collect inspiring quotes.
- Books We Love - and Lots More - on Pinterest
- Behnkes Loves "The Layered Garden"! Enter to Win a Copy.
- Time for Succulents!
- New Edible Landscaping Book is Awesome
- Grow the Good Life Reviews, and Book Give-away!
- Check out Leaf, the new FREE garden design magazine
- Sugar Snaps and Strawberries - a Book Give-Away!
- More about gardening with deer - and we have a winner of the deer-resistance book!
- Appreciating Hellebores, with David Culp
Filed under: Books & Mags