Come to Paris with us – at the Philadelphia Flower Show
If you’ve never been to the Philadelphia Flower Show, um, why the heck not? It’s ONLY the premiere garden show in the whole U.S. of A. Sure, some Westerners brag about their Seattle and San Francisco shows but honestly, East of the Mississippi the Philly Show has no rivals at all. This year the theme is Paris and their website teases us with these highlights:
- Opulent Paris, a time of Victorian glamour.
- Romantic Paris, tête-à-tête down the Seine.
- Gourmet Paris, amid rooftop and edible gardens.
- Artists’ Paris, from canvas to landscape.
- Underground Paris, a catacomb of avant-garde art.
- Timeless Paris, courtyards and cafes form a Parisian paradise.
There’s also tons of free gardening presentations, 150 held throughout the week, as well as dozens of educational displays that explore the newest gardening trends.
Shoppers will find a bustling Marketplace with an array of take-home products to get the garden started and the official Flower Show Shoppe with 2011 Show merchandise.
Going with Behnkes
Driving to Philly, taking in the show and driving back in one day is NO FUN – and I know because I’ve done it myself – just once. So take it easy on yourself and go with our Behnkes group. The first bus has filled up but our second still has seats available – until Monday Feb 28, that is. So reserve your seat now by calling our Beltsville store at (301) 937-1100. The bus departs from our Beltsville store at 7:30 and returns at around 6 p.m. The $86 fee includes Deluxe Eyre Motorcoach, 1 ticket to the flower show, and a boxed bagel breakfast! You’ll have a ball.
Posted by Susan Harris.
- Learn to Avoid these Crimes against Horticulture!
- Surprise! Behnkes hosted the Washington Gardener Seed Exchange
- Terrarium-Building Workshop next Sunday
- Herb Day at Behnkes this Saturday
- Pumpkin Bread Winners!
- Holiday Open House this Saturday! Also? Full schedule of demonstrations and workshops!
- It's Garden Party Time!
- Kids Love 'Scales and Tales,' and it's Free
- Philadelphia Flower Show - Last Chance for Tickets
- Scenes from an Open House
Filed under: Behnkes Events