Eye-Candy Galore in the Gardens of Bethesda
Thanks to Brookside Gardens for organizing an awesome collection of gardens for the public to drool over! It was all part of their hopefully yearly garden tour to benefit everyone’s favorite local garden – Brookside itself. The gardens were a big hit with tour-goers, all of whom I know appreciate the generosity of the garden-owners in letting us crawl all over their properties en masse.
Above, the small garden of U.S. Botanic Garden Director Holly Shimizu and her landscape designer husband Osamu manages to hold a moss meditation garden, a sizable bronze fountain, and a huge pond and waterfall that create a grand view from their large, inviting back porch.
Below is a gorgeous feature that solves a water problem – this stream running between the curbside garden and front yard of another large property that had been plagued with water problems for decades, thanks to an underground spring. Some smart designer came up with this solution to managing water that manages to be stunning too.
Posted by Susan Harris
- New on Pinterest: Natives, Perennials, Shrubs and More
- New Back Garden Ready to Show
- Storm-Altered Landscapes
- Gardeners make great neighbors!
- September Gardenblogger Bloom Day in my Maryland Garden
- The First New-Garden Report!
- Color and Seating in the Garden
- Tour the Gardens and Villas of the Italian Lakes
- The Garden of Plantsman David Culp isn't Just about Plants
Filed under: Private Gardens