Get yer Bulb Info Right Here!
Time to plant spring-blooming bulbs, y’all! For tips about choosing and planting bulbs, check out these articles on our blog and website. They won’t steer you wrong.
- When and How to Plant Spring-Blooming Bulbs by Larry Hurley gives the how-to details we count on Larry for.
- Jim Dronenberg’s Introduction to Spring-Blooming Bulbs covers the most popular types of bulbs, plus how to combine them and which ones you can grow in the shade.
- The Other Spring-Blooming Bulbs by Randy Best shows and explains those too-often-overlooked smaller bulbs: snowdrops, winter aconite, wood hyacinth, iris reticulata, chionodoxa, grape hyacinth, crocuses, anemone, and the fritillary family. How many of these have YOU tried?
- How to get Years of Blooms from your Tulips by blogger and low-maintenance gardener Susan Harris.
- If you have deer or squirrels (and who doesn’t?) we have help. Check out Critter-Resistant Bulbs.
And it’s also not too soon to pot up some bulbs for forcing, so you’ll have blooms indoors in the winter. Read the article by Kathy Jentz – Bulb-Forcing 101: How to Get Spring Blooms in the Dead of Winter – about how to do it, or watch the video below by Randy Best.
- How to Get Years of Blooms from your Tulips
- Spring Bulb Collection Has Arrived
- Gardening Basics: Spring-Flowering Bulbs
- Bulb Forcing 101: How to Get Spring Blooms in the Dead of Winter
- The Other Spring Flowering Bulbs
- The Easter Lily — Beauty and Simplicity
- Read all about Bulbs to Plant in the Fall. And hear Randy's Bulb Talk - this Saturday!
- Paperwhites potted up in less than 2 minutes!
- Bulbs! It's time to plant 'em, and lots more tips
Filed under: Bulbs