Learn to Avoid these Crimes against Horticulture!
The concept of “crimes against horticulture is the creation of writer/landscape architect/humorist/rock drummer Billy Goodnick, who loves to find examples, attach funny captions, and post them to his Crimes against Horticulture Facebook page. That page collects photos of what Billy calls the “amazing, boneheaded, f’ugly things that people do in the name of gardening” and now has dozens of photos from everywhere, and 1,614 followers. Here’s just a sampling of the photos, and you’re encouraged to contribute more, especially with your own suggestions for captions. Horticultural crimes can be fun!
Readers, can you name the identified “crime”? Or more gently, error?
Learn How to Prune Shrubs
Whether you like the natural, healthy look in your shrubbery or a more formal styole that’s still healthy, correct pruning techniques are the answer. So attend our free workshop this Saturday, February 23 from 11:00 to 1:00 at our Potomac store. Chris Lewis will teach the basics of pruning common landscape shrubs, including what tools to use, which shrubs should be pruned and how much vegetation to remove.
- Wine Tasting this Saturday, and Thoughts on Herbs and Alcohol
- Join Randy's Houseplant Container Workshop this Sunday
- Extreme Makeover Anniversary
- Portrait Photographer on Duty - This Saturday 9 to Noon
- Holiday Open House this Saturday! Also? Full schedule of demonstrations and workshops!
- Holiday Crafts Fair this Saturday!
- This Weekend - Big Gesneriad Show and Sale
- Caribbean Festival Friends
- It's Garden Party Time!
- Gourd Art! Make some this Saturday at our Workshop.
Tagged with: Pruning