New this year: a Christmas Shop that replicates home for the holidays
The tree in the living room above is decorated with photos of seed packets from old catalogs or of actual seed packets, but they look so real that customers are asking where they can buy them. That’s thanks to the graphic skills of our Susan O’Hara.
Check out these Designers
This year we’re carrying these popular designers: Byers Choice (for gingerbread houses, handmade carolers and advent calendars), the Traveling Santa Collection, Katherine’s Collection, the Merck Family’s Old World Christmas Collection, and the Suzy Toronto Collection.
Thanks and Kudos
Thanks to all the Behnkes employees who donated items from their homes (and barns) and lent their creativity and hard work to the project: Randy Best, Alfred Millard, Sissy McKenzie, Stephanie Fleming and many more. Darryl Lively, Behnkes’ construction and maintenance supervisor, did a great job building the porch, staircase, chicken coop and other elements of the display.
Thanks also to Will’s Home Decorating in Beltsville for donating the paper and paint used in our Beltsville Christmas Shop. Shop Local!
- Caring For Your Cut Christmas Tree
- Custom Wreaths and Bows - Help for the Uncrafty
- Longwood Gardens Wow all Year, but Especially at Christmas
- Fun Times at the Christmas Open House
- How to care for your Christmas tree and holiday greens
- Houseplants Welcome Your Holiday House Guests
- Scenes from a Holiday-Ready Nursery
- Two Radically Different Christmas Tree Videos
- Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Behnkes!
Filed under: Christmas