Register now for the “Rooting DC” Urban Gardening Forum – it’s FREE!
Don’t miss one of the coolest events of the year – the annual Rooting DC Forum for Urban Gardeners. It’s been a hit since it started four years ago, and this year will concentrate on the growing and cooking of food. Also this year? Behnkes is a proud sponsor!
Whether you’re new to gardening or an experienced green thumb who wants to explore the role of gardens in our community, Rooting DC has something for you! This year we will be taking a close look at schoolyard and youth gardening, as well as workshops on gardening basics, roundtable conversations, cooking demonstrations an information fair to connect you to DC’s Field to Fork Network, and more!
Coming soon to their website is a roster of speakers and full schedule. In the meantime, register!
Saturday, February 19 from 9:30 to 4:00.
Coolidge High School, 6315 5th St. NW, DC. It’s in the Takoma DC area, close to our many Maryland customers.
- Our USDA Neighbor does Serious Compost Research
- Potomac Hosta Club
- The Beltsville Garden Club
- Hear Alex Dencker on Native and Invasive Plants
- Takoma Park - 1st Wildlife Habitat-Certified Community in Maryland!
- Brookside's "Green Matters Day" - Highly Recommended!
- Rosalind Creasy's Gorgeous Edibles Landscapes at Brookside Gardens
- Another Great Event:
"Working with Young People in the Garden"
- In Sun or Shade, try Carex instead of Turfgrass
- The Rooting DC Report
Filed under: Local Groups & Events